OUR MOTTO – TOTALLY COMMITTED TO ENHANCING RV LIFESTYLES!
Since its inception, GNR Camping World has always believed that all camping experiences should be pleasant and memorable. With this in mind, the company strives to ensure that their customers are completely satisfied with the purchase and service of their RV. Repeat customers, as well as referrals are a large part of our business. Our success depends on it! This is why our customers’ needs are put to the forefront; we strive to offer the highest level of customer satisfaction in the industry.
- GNR Camping World is locally owned, in business for over 40 years and offers a complete family shopping experience with an awesome Kids Zone play centre for all ages.
- GNR is Winnipeg’s largest RV Service Centre and has always been dedicated to giving World Class service to all of its customers, operating out of a 21,500 square foot building on 11 acres of land.
- We offer courteous and knowledgeable Sales team that “listens” and are ready and willing to assist you in locating that exact style of trailer to fit you and your families camping needs.
- On site Financing of your RV through our dealership you receive the benefits of competitive interest rates, flexible payment options, longer amortizations and same day approvals usually with zero down.
- Our Parts team is always courteous and knowledgeable and available to assist the customer in selecting the proper part for your new or existing unit.
- Your RV is in capable hands with a Master Technician and Certified Technicians with combined experience of over 100 years.
- Community involvement through many organizations!
THE EARLY YEARS
Gil Robert, who had been camping since the late 50’s, had his travel trailer flipped over in a wind storm. When he took it back to Winnipeg to get it repaired, he was told by his insurance company that no one would fix it. This highlighted the obvious need for an RV Service Centre.
Gil Robert with his cousin Noel Painchaud and his brother Rheal Robert started an RV Service Centre under the name of GNR Sportsland Centre Ltd. in old St. Boniface.
Their first expansion was in the fall of 1973 when they purchased three acres of land and built a 4,000 square foot building at 1370 Dugald Road.
In the mid-70s the name was changed to operate as GNR Camping World.